Bandwidth Splitter is built into Forefront TMG using web and application filters to control most traffic going through Forefront TMG.
Bandwidth Splitter has power to control:
- Outgoing web proxy connections (HTTP, HTTPS and FTP)
- Connections of Firewall clients (all TCP/UDP connections)
- Connections of SecureNAT clients (all TCP/UDP connections)
- Connections of published servers
- Connections established through application filters (the built-in SOCKS4 filter or third-party SOCKS5 filters)
- Connections of the Forefront TMG Job Scheduler service
- All routed TCP/UDP connections passed through Forefront TMG (from DMZ servers, etc)
Bandwidth Splitter do not control:
- Low-level protocols connections (e.g. ICMP)
- Connections between the Local Host network and any internal network (any distinct from External). It is done intentionally because these connections are especially critical, and generally they do not need any bandwidth control.
Bandwidth Splitter Features
© BNTC Software. All rights reserved.